New PEP: Quality Guidelines For Standard Modules

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Tue Jul 3 07:07:27 EDT 2001

I've got some very good comments on my PEP-to-be. The main concerns are:

- we need to reference the style guide
- the use of tools such as PyCheck should be encouraged
- and yes, my english needs some quality checking also :-)

I'm going to work on it tonight. Too bad I have a day job <wink>. As of
now, I'm still waiting for Martin's proposed PEP2 text - it seems that he
still needs to get either Barry Warsaw or ESR approval on this, mainly
because he's taking over an existing but unfinished PEP. I feel that we're
talking about complementary issues, and it would be very important to be
working together.

Carlos Ribeiro