Python XSLT Processor?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jul 21 15:34:58 EDT 2001

Uwe Hoffmann <nospam at nospam.de> writes:

> > I'm looking for a pure Python XSLT processor (i.e. no C/C++ extensions);
> > does anyone have any good pointers?  I know of a few Java ones, so I
> > could use a Java XSLT program + Jython, but I'd really prefer to keep
> > using CPython if possible.
>
> maybe 4xslt from http://4Suite.org/

That actually uses a C extension, namely a bison-written XPath
parser. The current PyXML CVS replaces this with a pure-Python
solution, but that doesn't work at the moment. Still, the XSLT engine
would then use C extension, namely the boolean module.

If the question really was for "no external libraries needed", then
4xslt is a good solution.

Regards,
Martin