What is best of breed for HTTPS clients?

63.203.225.62 63.203.225.62
Mon Jul 2 15:54:28 EDT 2001

Is it possible (easy) to build an HTTPS client with mxCrypto?
    http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/mxCrypto.html

Python 2.1 seems to have some support for HTTPS, but
maybe these are just stubs. I would like to build HTTPS
support into my application in a way that will be supported
by current or future standard extensions.

I was able to use M2Crypto with success:
    http://mars.post1.com/home/ngps/m2/
my only complaint was the lack of documentation.
Otherwise I had an easy time getting this to work
once someone showed me how to do it.

I'm looking for "the best" way to do an HTTPS client.

If there is nothing else, then I will probably place
my bet with M2Crypto.

Yours,
Noah