Light Speed Socket Connections

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Jul 14 19:03:37 EDT 2001

[Tim]
> Python doesn't use the MS clock() for time.clock() on Windows;
> it uses the MS QueryPerformanceCounter API instead.

[/F]
> so you mean I cannot trust the Python documentation? ;-)

The regular expression docs, sure <wink>.  time.clock() on Windows actually
returns an approximation to the wall-clock time that's elapsed since the
*first* time you called time.clock().  The first time you call it you get
back a few millionths of a second, and no matter how long your program has
been running.

so-it's-accurate-but-probably-not-a-satisfying-lover-ly y'rs  - tim