Is this a true statement: Part II

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Sun Jul 1 15:39:05 EDT 2001

Kragen Sitaker <kragen at dnaco.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure how.  Nobody has yet come up with an operating system that
> could only be directly programmed in C, or Lisp, or Algol, or Java,
> despite implementing operating systems in all four.  I think some of

ucsd-pascal came close, and certainly Wirths's wonderfull machine
Lilith programmed solely in Modula-2 did it (there was no other
language on the machine:) and surely you're not going to argue about
emacs here.  And then there was this M8600 based M6809 development
machine I once had the joy to play with for which all device drivers
had to be programmed in Pascal.  So here you have 4 examples, need more?
--
groetjes, carel