Maintaining the Python FAQ

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 12 22:32:21 EDT 2001

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 02:27:56 GMT, grante at visi.com (Grant Edwards) wrote
in comp.lang.python in article <slrn9ksn6c.jl.grante at tuxtop.visi.com>:

:On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:23:07 GMT, Joe Block <jpb at ApesSeekingKnowledge.net> wrote:
:>
:>> Huh?  The FAQ wizard gives you plenty of ways to access individual
:>> items or sections.  Why would you ever download the whole FAQ?
:>
:>To print it, so it can be read while I'm away from the net?
:
:Away from the net?
:
:Huh? Why would you ever be away from the net?  ;)

Well, for instance, my DSL connection went down for three days (just
this past week). But, I have saved a number of Python tutorial documents
for Tkinter to my local machine (thank goodness!). So I was at least
able to program!

Or, if you teach a programming course for about 20 high school students
in a non-networked lab with 28 standalone machines...maybe it would be
nice to have local documents on the machines???

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/