A few things :)

Rob Andrews rob at jam.rr.com
Wed Jul 25 11:53:27 EDT 2001

Lee Nutter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Im a beginner, and although (i think) I know the base language all
> right, I haven't really made anything. Can anyone recommend anything for
> a first project?
>
> Also, I was just wondering, Why do you use python? To me its a hobby.
> Why do some of you use it over other languages? I love the language,
> don't get me wrong, I was just curious :)
>
> Thanks,

Feel free to check out Useless Python for lots of ideas on first
projects. But my general advice is to play with Python a bit and piece
together something small. If you can use Python to read/write from a
file, do something randomly, get user input and print to the screen, and
use a list or dictionary, you might be surprised at what you can do in a
few lines of code.

Start playing with any idea that entertains you, and post a question to
the Python Tutor email list
(http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor) when you get stumped on
something.

enjoy,