Deposing Dictators

Van Gale cgale1 at _remove_home.com
Sat Jul 28 09:38:03 EDT 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote in message

> Time to move into the 21st century, Dirck!  This alternative is often
> overlooked:
>
>     http://www.cobolscript.com/

Oh my god.  I thought I would get a laugh checking this link, but the
feeling I had instead was more like terror :(

I had flashbacks from when I had to write a COBOL program that had varying
memory requirements.  I was happy to find and use an "experimental dynamic
memory allocation" library, but then had to rip it back out again when the
project manager said, "I don't understand that."  I bet that same bastage is
making some poor programmer use cobolscript now.  Oh my god.