Pickle translation

William Annis annis at biostat.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 11 16:50:10 EDT 2001

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:

> William Annis wrote:
> > So, are there any tools to translate 1.5.2 pickles to 2.x
> > versions of the pickle format?
>
> import pickle
>
> (1.5.2, 1.6, 2.0, and 2.1 all use the same pickle format)

        Then pickle is bugged somewhere.  I have a giant (1.2M) pickle
file which keeps the state of everything my monitoring system is
keeping track of, including moderately complex Holt-Winters time
series models.  When I start the daemon that does all the work with
python1.5.2, it loads the pickle fine.  When I try to start it with
python2.1 I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/momd", line 83, in ?
    kserv = load(f)
ValueError: invalid \x escape

--
William Annis - System Administrator - Biomedical Computing Group
annis at biostat.wisc.edu                       PGP ID:1024/FBF64031