Unusual minidom behaviour: Part Deux

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 26 04:04:37 EDT 2001

"Victor Bazarov" <vAbazarov at dAnai.com> writes:

> Further digging led me to the C source module that contained some
> comment "this is to prevent two threads from importing the same
> module at the same time returning incomplete module" (or something
> like that).  I didn't try to comprehend the C source, sorry.
> Although it may not be so difficult, I prefer to leave fixing to
> those for whom the system is an open book.

Even if you didn't understand the source, it would have been nice if
you had indicated what source you were looking at; I could not find
any occurrence of "this is to prevent" in the entire Python source
code.

> Understanding that Python thread mechanism does not use the OS
> thread mechanism

This is a misunderstanding: the Python thread mechanism does use the
OS thread mechanism

> and with all due respect to the creators and contributors, I would
> like to ask, "Has anybody experienced similar situation with more
> than one thread competing for the same module?"

I'm out of context here: a situation similar to what?

Regards,
Martin