Unix Scripting Host

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Sun Jul 1 12:59:09 EDT 2001

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:08:45 +0200, Thorsten Roskowetz wrote:
>"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de> wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:00:18 +0200, Thorsten Roskowetz wrote:
>> >You might want to look at KDE's DCOP.
>>
>> Well, I did already. It looks cool and I even got the KSpread
>> example to work, but it's tied to C++ and Qt.
>
>Not entirely true.  There are DCOP bindings for C (dcopc) and Python
>(AFAIK only proof of concept at the moment) and even a XML-RPC to DCOP
>bridge (KXMLRPC) which could be used from Python, Java, Perl or any
>other language that provide an XML-RPC implementation.
>There are even native java bindings to DCOP in developement.

Sorry for not being clear. I have just finished rebuilding the kdebindings and
PyQt RPMs for Python 2.1 to try out the Python examples. They work fine so far.
What I meant was that the DCOP server AFAIK can currently only be written in
C++. I also couldn't find anything that describes the APIs that are exported
via DCOP, but I'd better ask for this in a KDE group.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage