python and applications

phawkins at connact.com phawkins at connact.com
Fri Jul 20 17:00:43 EDT 2001

>>>>> "ts" == tyler spivey <tspivey8 at home.com> writes:

ts> could you write a fast mud  in python?
ts> having a lot of monsters like dikumuds do?
ts> how many blind programmers use python? and is python just a toy language?
ts> can it do more or as much as c? could you create a roguelike in it?
ts> I am blind myself.

My experience is that Python is very nice for programming by voice
using speech recognition (I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking) because it
has so much less in the way of punctuation.  This means that spoken
python is much more similar to English than are other computer
languages.

I suspect this would also be good for blind programmers using
text-to-speech.   As others have mentioned, you would need to have a
solution to the whitespace indentation issue.

Patricia
--
Patricia J. Hawkins
Hawkins Internet Applications, LLC