doctest x idle problem?

Jon Schull jonschull at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 20:49:03 EDT 2001

in message news:<etdg0bhqczl.fsf at lola-granola.mit.edu>, Alex quoted
Tim...
> > This won't be solved in general by magic until someone contributes
> > code to launch "Run Script" in a fresh process; but that's not always
> > what you'll want either.

and then Alex said ...
>I could have a look at
> fixing that (just a matter of repeating the reloads until the dependancy
> graph stabilizes) and folding it into IDLE.

This sounds like a good idea to me.  There seems to be an element of
social engineering in the python language, and community, which seems
to be an important part of its success.  There's a lot of leverage to
be had in building it right into the tools.

P.S.  Then Tim said,
>it's-life-it-sucks<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

So I'll quote Richard Dawkins in Unweaving the Rainbow:

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones.  Most people
are never going to die because thay are never going to be born."