Language change and code breaks

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Jul 21 13:08:55 EDT 2001

On 19 Jul 2001 20:46:32 GMT, Tim Randolph <timothyrandolph at yahoo.com> wrote:

>As a member of this group, who is especially fond of Python for how easy it
>is to pick up where I left off days or weeks before, I would very much
>prefer a case *insensitive* language with tools that enforce *uniform* case
>usage.
>
>Nobody wants to see fOo and FOO and foo with the same meaning, but nobody
>wants to see foo and FOO and foo at all in the same program with distinct
>meanings.

That is simply not true.

>I also don't think the cutesy c=C() makes for readable code -- at
>least for this sometime programmer.

I've been using foo and Foo to mean two different things for
many years (and I know of lots of others do also). Perhaps it's
not to your taste, but that doesn't make all of us "nobody".

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  It's a lot of fun
                                  at               being alive... I wonder if