Language change and code breaks

Bruce Sass bsass at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Sun Jul 22 17:34:03 EDT 2001

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Courageous wrote:

> >The problem here is that you control the language, but you don't
> >control the tools.
>
> In fact with me, and I'm quite sure a host of others, dictating which tools
> we have to use is a complete deal-breaker.

I don't think that would be a problem, or necessary.

Is there anything about case-insensitivity that could not be handled
as a convention.

If not, then implement it as a set of tools and options.
0% risk of compatibility issues, all the old tools and editors
will still work (but may need some time to code up support for
the new mode).

- Bruce