A few things :)

Bas van Gils bas.vangils at home.nl
Wed Jul 25 12:32:51 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 11:30:22PM +1000, Lee Nutter wrote:
> Im a beginner, and although (i think) I know the base language all
> right, I haven't really made anything. Can anyone recommend anything for
> a first project?

someone very wise (actually, a collegue of mine) once told me to only
learn new things if you need them :-) Either way, there's lots of fun
stuff you can do as a first project...

> Also, I was just wondering, Why do you use python? To me its a hobby.
> Why do some of you use it over other languages? I love the language,
> don't get me wrong, I was just curious :)

I'm also a bit new to Python. I had a basic course in JAVA once, tought
myself the (basics) of Perl, Php and finallyh moved to Python. I'm
getting used to it more and more, and am learning new things each time I
use it (many thanks to Thomas Wouters for his patience, and Mark Pilgrim
for writing the `dive into python' book).

I use Python mostly because it makes it very very easy to write readable
code, because it's a very intuitive language, because it's a good way of
learning new things about programming, and mostly because it's fun :-)

it's-not-much-but-I-hope-it-helps'ly yours

    Bas

--
Bas van Gils <bas.vangils at home.nl>
Python - programming the way Guido indented it