python-mode and py-python-command

Siggy Brentrup bsb at winnegan.de
Thu Jul 5 08:09:46 EDT 2001

Roman Suzi <rnd at onego.ru> writes:

> On 5 Jul 2001, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
>
> >Roman Suzi <rnd at onego.ru> writes:
> >
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> How do I tell Emacs to call specific Python interpreter
> >> within a certain file with Python code?
> >>
> >> I know that for this I need to set up py-python-command
> >> variable, but how to do it?
> >
> >Which version of py-mode.el are you using (C-h v py-version)?
> >On my system it shows
> >
> >  Value: "3.105"
>
> Exactly this!
>
> >That version is slightly broken, it runs the Python interpreter
> >in the py-which-shell buffer-local variable. This variable is set from
> >py-python-command on M-1 C-c C-t (py-toggle-shells).

Just checked out python-mode.el from the CVS tree. As cvs annotate
shows, the problem has been fixed since long in $Revision: 3.103$
<sic>.

To whomever it concerns:
   Where does the broken 3.105 come from?

> So, toggling between, say, 1.5.2. and 2.1 is impossible?

Toggling is meant for switching between CPython and JPython
interpreters, but I guess you can abuse py-jpython-command.

Regards
  Siggy

--
Siggy Brentrup - bsb at winnegan.de - http://www.winnegan.de/