Most important text processing examples

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Jul 5 09:20:02 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.994321088.28026.python-list at python.org>,
A.T.Hofkamp <a.t.hofkamp at tue.nl> wrote:
			.
>Although not really happy about providing clues to some one that aims to make
>money from my suggestions, well, here it goes.
If it helps any, be confident that Dr. Mertz will
not be *making* money on this book; it might cover
a few expenses, though.
			.
			.
			.
>- Perform interaction with other programs (either existing other programs, in a
>  PyExpect-like way (there is not a PyExpect yet, is there?)
>  For new programs, I will use XML techniques to exchange data.
Actually, there is; see <URL:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pyexpect+warsaw+group:comp.lang.python*&num=25&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=1&ic=1&selm=058AFBA1CD7F1621.791F88D00D532EC1.0128BF9429776D7B%40lp.airnews.net >

It's not in good shape, I believe.

Tcl-ers have offered to help make a new and better
Expect that'll be easy to integrate with Python.
It doesn't seem imminent, though; Pythoneers seem
to have other things on their minds.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net