odd behavior!

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Mon Jul 2 01:04:23 EDT 2001

This looks like output from an attempt to use the Distutils to create a
source distribution, yes?

C:\Python21>python setup.py sdist
running sdist
warning: sdist: missing required meta-data: url
warning: sdist: manifest template 'MANIFEST.in' does not exist (using
default file list)
error: package directory 'newrecshite\registry' does not exist

However, setup.py actually consists of this:

'''
print 'hi'
'''

It *used* to contain an import of setup from distutils.core, and called it
in a sufficiently ill-formed way to produce the above output, but even
after I changed it, it still produced that output.  In fact, I just ran the
same command line with a blank file and got the same thing.  I've been
having similar problems with other scripts--changing them doesn't actually
change the behavior of the interpreter in any way.  Deleting .pycs hasn't
helped.  Any advice?

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler
Yet when he came down from the mountain, he had not gained any wisdom.