Distributing a Python app

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jul 20 04:54:25 EDT 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> writes:

> [Tim]
> > FYI, I'm seriously looking at switching the PythonLabs Windows
> > installer over to Inno ...
>
> [David Bolen]
> > Wasn't there something or other you mentioned it couldn't quite do
> > that the current Wise stuff does when this last came up?
>
> Yes, it couldn't (and still can't) do stuff conditionally on NT/2000
> depending on whether the user has Admin privileges.

Ah right - I wonder if the scripting support (going ISX rather than
InnoSetup since I don't think the scripting has made it across yet) would
be able to do that conditionalization?

If not yet, I've seen great responses to adding new functionality at
that layer for useful things (at least watching the newsgroup posts -
I haven't needed anything myself), so perhaps we could get an addition
to handle this sort of case.

--
-- David