2.2 features

Nick Perkins nperkins7 at home.com
Mon Jul 23 04:55:40 EDT 2001

I can't believe the quantity of discussion (still) going on over the div
thing!

And meanwhile, 2.2a1 is out, and there are far more interesting things
happening to our little language.

Isn't there anything in 2.2 that deserves even a fraction of the discussion
going on about div? (which has been beaten to death 9 times)

getset(), staticmethod(), classmethod(), etc...

How about generators, who's tried them out?
What's your favourite feature?
What's still a bit confusing?  (metaclasses?)

What are some things that we will be able to do with the new features?

How will type/class unification really benefit me?

And, to come full circle, will it be possible, in the future, to sub-class
integers so that division returns an int, or float, or whatever?