Distributed computing using SOAP. What about speed ?

Thomas Weholt thomas at gatsoft.no
Thu Jul 26 05:05:17 EDT 2001

>From the responses to my question it seems like SOAP and XML-RPC might not
fit the bill at all. Corba and similar solutions are mentioned. But my
project is a pure python package. Wanting to implement a small distributed
information sharing network, with very small and simple user-nodes cannot
include a Corba-server installation on each of the clients, unless it's
implemented in pure python and small in size. Is that possible/available?

What are my options? How hard could it be to create a custom protocoll for
distributing addresses of running nodes among the nodes themselves in a
effective manner?

Thomas