Activestate Python, not able to run "Module Documentation Server" on standalone computer

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Sat Jul 14 15:08:40 EDT 2001

Christian Aastorp wrote:

> The Module Documentation Server is quite nice, I run it on my computer
> at work. But it fails when I try to run it at home with a message from
> the browser that its unable to go on-line.
>
> Is it possible to run it on a stand-alone computer?

Yes, but the computer needs TCP/IP installed and I have a vague sense
that there may be some configurations where Windows thinks that TCP/IP
is only available when it is connected to the Internet. Try playing with
your networking configurations. e.g. try binding TCP/IP to the "loopback
adapter".
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.