European Python Meeting report

Alastair Burt burt at dfki.de
Wed Jul 11 08:19:46 EDT 2001

Marc Poinot <Marc.Poinot at onera.fr> writes:

> - We were not a lot of Python users (about 20), and it looks like we have
>   a lot of work to make it an European event.

But there are at least 100 people going to the Beehive's Zope meeting in
Berlin at the moment.  All of them enthusiastic Python fans. A yearly
European Python + Zope event would find support, I think.

> About 500 people were expected, while the actual total people
> at LSM, during all the week, has been evaluated as 400+
> As a matter of fact, we had German, Dutch, Italian, UK, Portugal...
> and French people.

And why, oh why, did they have to schedule the Libre Software Meeting at
the same time as the Linuxtag in Stuttgart, which had 15000 visitors?

--- Alastair