Make an *.EXE Using Python.

eric_brake brakedon at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 21:24:34 EDT 2001

"EricIDLE" <grayson-wilson at home.com> wrote in message news:<oAI17.647550$166.13393459 at news1.rdc1.bc.home.com>...
> Hello,
> I was wondering is there a way to make a exe using Python?
> I seem to remeber vagely that there was a "Make EXE" choice under the file
> menu but its no longer there (If it ever was) so if you can give me a hand
> with this it would be great.

You will need to create a "setup.py" file. Here is the working code that I use.

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
setup(name = "filename", #not sure what this does, but it doesn't hurt anything
      version = "1.0", #meta info, shows up in the exe you make
      author = "John Doe", #meta info, your name
      author_email = "johndoe at somewhere.com",#meta info, author email
      scripts = ["yourfile.py"])#target script, the script you want to make an
                                #exe with