Is there a K&R on Python?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 4 13:06:16 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 12:23:41PM +0200, Nicola Musatti wrote:
> Hallo, everybody.
> I'm looking for a Python book to use as a desktop reference on the
> core language (rather than the library, available modules, third party
> toolkits, etc), neither a tutorial nor something meant for language
> lawyers only. Something analogous in style to Kernighan & Ritchie's
> "The C Programming Language" would be perfect. Any suggestions?

It's very difficult to write something better than Python's online docs,
ie. "tutorial" + "reference" + "library".  There are 2 short books:
    - "Quick Python Book" from Manning, and
    - "Learning Python" from O'Reilly.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8 CPUs cluster, (Slackware) Linux, Python, LaTeX, Vim, Mutt, Sc.