Is Python Dead? Long Live Python!

Darrell news at dorb.com
Sat Jul 14 12:13:48 EDT 2001

I'm a consultant making a good living doing a lot of Python work.

The Extreme practice of pair programming has been a powerful tool to sell
Python.
A VB/C++ developer looking over your shoulder can be assimilated into the
collective.

It took about 9mos to win over my current office.
My strategy involved setting an example of success.
Sometimes offering the solution in Python while they explain the problem too
me.
Often the Python solution runs faster than the broken code they already
have.
The pretense being that they will use my solution just for an example.
Over time they just learn Python and skip the conversion to some favorite
language.

Then the X VB guys discover BOA and the world is forever changed :)

--Darrell Gallion