Time for a Python "distribution" ? was:Not enough Python library development

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Fri Jul 6 08:43:12 EDT 2001

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
> where's the PPM protocol docs?

aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Reference/Products/ActivePerl/
   site/lib/PPM/XML/PPD.html

> how do I add new nodes to the PPM distribution network?

Beats me.

Bruce Sass's suggestion of using the Debian package manager is a good
one, because apt really provides exactly what we need.  Unfortunately
porting it to Windows or Mac is probably hard, so we could just steal
its interface (which seems similar to pyppm's) and reimplement it in
pure Python.

--amk