Problem with Python-2.1.1 and Numeric-20.1.0

Joal Heagney s713221 at student.gu.edu.au
Fri Jul 27 20:49:47 EDT 2001

Joal Heagney wrote:

> I've put in a patch report to both python and numeric (Sorry
> Guido/others if I seem to be harping. I know you're on the case), but
> thought I'd add my two cents worth here to encourage/see if others have
> been having similar problems with Numeric/Py2.1.1.

Okay. I got a response from the Numeric team about my problem. They say
that it is suspected to be a result of different naming conventions
between their supplied fortran-blas (Which is what Numeric builds by
default), and my system c-blas. So I guess the fix is to not build
Numeric against system blas libraries. *sighs* They also report that it
is being looked at, *grins* but for such an easily avoided problem, I
wouldn't be surprised or upset if they dealt with higher priority issues
first.

So, it didn't have anything to do with the new release.
--
      Joal Heagney is: _____           _____