Any Suggestions for an Editor with MS-Windows ?

Robert Amesz rcameszREMOVETHIS at dds.removethistoo.nl
Tue Jul 24 11:43:36 EDT 2001

Marco Salden wrote:

>> Am almost half way through the manual and getting ready for the
>> easy job of bringing over some basic files (yea, right). Currently
>> using Ultra Edit but having doubts about it.

Why would that be? It's about as configurable as it gets, and can be
made to produce syntax colouring for Python.

> Try Vim (VI Improved) for Windows. You may find all you need at
> http://www.vim.org/ . I am using it for about half a year now and
> before that used Ultra Edit, TextPad etc but wouldn't want to turn
> back again... Vim supports Python syntax and I think even an
> embedded interpreter is available for it (not sure...).

But it still is a textscreen app with only a very thin GUI-veneer.
That's not everybody's cup of tea.

SciTE Edit (I believe the URL is something like www.scintilla.org) is
pretty nice for us Pythoneers. If only it could open multiple files...

Robert Amesz