Case insensitivity

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Fri Jul 20 17:46:50 EDT 2001

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 04:47:37 GMT in <erdflt4l5s5otv86la9318hsr9bdc6mp31 at 4ax.com>,
Sheila King <sheila at spamcop.net> spake:
> I think this would be an excellent idea. Instead of just giving a "name
> error", generate a list of names that it might be close to? Or, if one
> appears to be a match excepting for case, ask if that other name might
> have been the intended one? A friendly error message!

  IBM's 'jikes' Java compiler does this, and it's incredibly helpful.

"I will tell you things that will make you laugh and uncomfortable and really
fucking angry and that no one else is telling you.  What I won't do is bullshit
you.  I'm here for the same thing you are.  The Truth." -Transmetropolitan #39