sleep command/function & searching the python docs

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jul 31 13:33:40 EDT 2001

    >>> ... is there any way to search the Python docs for a specific
    >>> function/module etc? Or is there any resource on the web that
    >>> provides a searchable interface?

    Rajarshi> Another post in this thread mentioned http://web.pydoc.org -
    Rajarshi> looks pretty useful

I tried finding getopt there by searching for "argument", "parsing" or
"option".  It was tough to find getopt in the results it returned.

Alas, Google, my favorite search engine, doesn't allow you to restrict
results to specific sections of a site.  On Alta Vista (and probably a
number of other search engines as well) you can search for something like

    options url:www.python.org/doc/current/lib

to restrict searches for "options" to the current library reference manual.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/