random

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 4 12:37:48 EDT 2001

"David C. Ullrich" wrote:
> >Sure. *I* can write an algorithm to calculate the bits of Omega.
>
> If I have the "definition" of Omega straight actually you can't.
> (If an "algorithm" is required to halt, which is part of "my"
> definition...)

Well, yes. I figured from context that the obvious implication was
there:

If *you* can write an algorithm to calculate bits of Omega, then so can
I.

The assumption was that he had a deterministic computer calculating
Omega somehow, yet that I couldn't do the same calculation. Of course,
if he can't calculate bits of Omega, then Omega is a pretty poor random
number generator, as you've been saying. :-)

--
Darren New / Senior MTS & Free Radical / Invisible Worlds Inc.
       San Diego, CA, USA (PST).  Cryptokeys on demand.