[pygtk] HTML Widget

James Henstridge james at daa.com.au
Thu Jun 7 06:00:08 EDT 2001

On 7 Jun 2001, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am looking for a workable html widget for Python useing Pygtk.
>
> I have tried pygme (for embeding mozilla) and this did work, but after
> upgrading to mozilla 0.9 it has died.  I spent several hours downgrading
> mozilla to 0.81, but now it just segfaults.

Did you get a new version of pygme or recompile the existing copy of pygme
when upgrading mozilla?  The mozilla embedding API is not stable, and
changes occasionally (the binary API breaks more often than source API).

> Is ther a binding for gtkhtml?

There is a gtkhtml binding included with gnome-python.  It is not built by
default though.  Pass the --enable-gtkhtml switch to configure to build
it.

James.

Email: james at daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/