tummy compile Mandrake 7.2

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Jun 9 05:08:01 EDT 2001

>line 246: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or '/': %defattr(-, r
>oot, root)

I'm not really sure what this is.  I'd appreciate it if somone could tell
me -- it seems to be unique to Mandrake...  I don't reall get what it's
trying to say, but have had the same report from another Mandrake user of
getting the same error.

>BuildPrereq: expat-devel >= 1.1-3tummy
>BuildPrereq: db1-devel
>BuildPrereq: gdbm-devel
>
>already have gdbm-devel, got and installed db1 and db1-devel, no
>clue as to expat-devel as Mr. tummy doesn't seem to install it.

The stock RedHat expat RPM includes expat-devel.  If your expat RPM
includes the devel files in the main package, try removing the BuildPrereq
above.

Sean
--
 "McGuyver stole all his tricks from Dr. Who."