Has anyone used UML?

Pieter Laeremans pieter at kotnet.org
Sun Jun 3 04:32:06 EDT 2001

In article <991550033.146 at nntp01.uskonet.com>, "Frank Millman"
<frank at chagford.com> wrote:

> After 15 years of designing applications using the good old "seat of the
> pants" method, I have decided that, if I am to move forward, I need a
> more formal methodology.
>
> I have recently read about UML (Unified Modelling Language), a
> standards-based method of designing and documenting any software
> project. It looks interesting, but it seems to have a steep learning
> curve.
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of UML that they would like
> to share?

Hi.

I didn't used it myself so far.
However in my next year at college. I'll have to.
They use a textbook from Martin Fowler : "Applied UML".

UML is quite large. And Fowler describes how you can modify most problems
using a smaller but funcitonal subszt of UML.

Greetz,

Pieter

P.S.: sorry for the bad English