xmlrpc Server

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Jun 4 10:08:45 EDT 2001

Andrew Williams wrote:

> So... How in the world do I keep a persistent object as the request
> handler?  For example, what if I wanted to use xmlrpc as a front-end
> to a db; I would want the connection to the db to be persistent so I
> wouldn't incur a speed penalty for connecting/disconnecting whenever
> the request handler was called.

as its name implies, a request handler object handles a
single request.

to create a "persistent" object, attach it to the server
class.  something like this could work:

    class TestRequestHandler(xmlrpcserver.RequestHandler):

        def add(...):
            self.server.x = self.server.x + value
            return "sum = %s" % self.server.x

    class TestServer(SocketServer.TCPServer):

        def __init__(self, port=8000):
            self.x = 0
            SocketServer.TCPServer.__init__(self, ('', port), TestRequestHandler)

    server = TestServer()
    server.serve_forever()

</F>