Not enough Python library development [was PEP scepticism]

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Fri Jun 29 11:02:36 EDT 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > I'm guilty of this myself: by nature, I'm more interested in making
> > the language better than in adding convenience to finding 3rd party
> > modules.
>
> I think many people on the python-dev list are guilty.  We should
> concentrate more on improving the standard library.  IMHO, there is lots
> of room there for improvement.

Is there a formal TODO list of the libraries and respective priorities?

For example, I think that some sort of standard GUI could help Python to
fight Java with it's Swing/AWT...

It could be also interesting to have time module as powerful as mxDateTime
in standard library. And so on.

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at onego.ru -