Extremely strange problem with httplib/urllib

HEMMI Shigeru hemmi at crc.co.jp
Thu Jun 21 08:03:56 EDT 2001

Gustaf Liljegren wrote:

> HEMMI Shigeru <hemmi at crc.co.jp> wrote:
>
> >I am using Python 2.1 on Win98.
> >I was able to use urllib from my computer.
>
> I really appreciate your help, but it's not a problem of understanding how
> to use  urllib/httplib. I have used them before in various scripts, without
> this error. The scripts still work: it's only that I get a invalid page
> fault error afterwards all the time, and always when I have attempted a web
> connection using any of these two modules. I tried your code too, with the
> same result.
>
> So it's nothing wrong with the code. It's something strange going on
> between Python and my instance of Windows. It would problaby help to
> reinstall Windows, but I hope this won't be needed.

I am sorry my word was short.
I didn't think that there was a problem in your program.
The reason why I attached a program is simply I have it
and I was able to verify urllib feature with it.
Since the Win9x is very problematic OS, I suspect that
to clarify if the trouble is Win9x specific or not is
significant.

> Any other suggestions?
Sorry I do not have.

--