I had a thought ... (I know, call the newspapers).

Simon Callan simon at callan.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 03:06:58 EDT 2001

In message <3B172894.9B64F46F at my.signature>
          Greg Ewing <see at my.signature> wrote:

> Roman Suzi wrote:
> >
> > my = 0.02$
>
> No, no... for consistency with other numeric literals, it should be
>
>   my = 0$0.02
>
> :-)

I suppose you should also allow for proper internationalization of
applications, and support other currencies such as the Canadian
dollar, UK pounds, etc, plus automatic conversion between the
currencies using the appropriate exchange rates.

At least things will be easier next year, when a lot of European
countries dump their currency for the Euro.

Simon

--
http://www.callan.demon.co.uk/simon/