random

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Sun Jun 3 10:47:58 EDT 2001

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 17:28:22 +0200, "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"David C. Ullrich" <ullrich at math.okstate.edu> wrote in message
>news:3b18ea18.332276 at nntp.sprynet.com...
>> I said you cannot have complete information about
>> a physical system. You can't. An algorithm is not
>
>Let's take your original sentence again, snipless:
[...]

Just to prevent any confusion - I posted a (long)
office; evidently the server is acting up again so
there's no telling when it will appear. Will wait
a bit before trying to reproduce the reply.

But in the meantime I would _really_ appreciate
clarification regarding exactly _when_ I refused
to supply a definition on request. Twice you say
something about me not "deigning" to give a definition,
the second time you say that I do not deign to
give definitions until pressed. If you can cite
a place where I was asked for a definition
and didn't give said definition I'll say oops,
never mind excuse me. But I don't believe that
that has happened. Accusing me of refusing to
supply definitions when asked is egregiously
insulting.

David C. Ullrich