Controlling CDR drives using Python in Windows

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Sun Jun 3 00:01:23 EDT 2001

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 22:04:03 -0300, Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
>I'm looking for information on how to control a CDR drive from Windows,
>using Python scripts, of course. I'm planning to automate my home backups
>using Python scripts. If someone has any information on how to make it
>work, I'll be glad to know.

If you want to burn CDR on Windows, I think your best bet is to try to get the
command line tools cdrecord, mkisofs and friends to compile on Windows.

You could then use os.system or popen2 to control them.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage