best language for 3D manipulation over web ?

Virtual Viki godofall at iwon.com
Sat Jun 2 10:02:15 EDT 2001

An apllet by itself will render incredibly slow...  Anyone who says
differently hasn't really done it.  JAVA awt and swing are very slow at
drawing them selves.  You best bet is to use the applet with the java 3D
API's to use Open GL.  The down side is the client will need some form of
Open GL on the machine.  Not usually a problem though.  Most new machine
have it.

Oh...  and all you anti Cross - Post fanatics out there chill
out!!!!!!!!!!!!! e-commerce/Internet privacy and security is an illusion.
Its all public whether we like it or not.

news:PctR6.3$jC6.216 at typhoon.nyu.edu...