idle BUG

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Wed Jun 20 04:07:27 EDT 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:09:11 -0400, "Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com>
wrote:

>[Mike Clarkson]
>> Tim, I know you're very busy these days (learning to sketch? :-), but
>> could you examine the MSVC compile and link flags with a microscope
>> for similarities and differences between _tkinter.c and tkappinit.c
>> and tkAppinit.c for wish.

>My knowledge of Tcl + Tk is 0; IOW, if something's wrong there, I wouldn't
>notice it if it stuffed a banana up my nose and gave me a dozen roses.

It's the difference between the MSVC compile and link flags for the
Python console application and the Tk console application (wish) that
I think need double checking.  The building of the tk.dll isn't the
issue: it's whether the Python.exe is being built with the correct
flags - wish.exe exits cleanly and Python.exe hangs, and I'm wondering
if the console app defines and library link flags are the cause.

>not-a-gui-guy-ly y'rs  - tim

I know you're not-a-gui-guy, but can you help with python.exe compile
and link flags? Has anyone build Tkinter with Cygwin, and if so, does
the same problem show up there?

Mike.