[wxPython] Help with wxChoice!

SNYDER, BARRON F. (AIT) bs1535 at sbc.com
Wed Jun 13 11:16:33 EDT 2001

Thanks for you reply!

Actually I just wanted to be sure that I was using the correct syntax. Since
the wxWindows docs are geared towards C programming, I wasn't sure if the
dot notation I am using is correct.

But since you ask <g>, I'm actually trying to append to a wxChoice control
that was laid out using wxDesigner. Since the widget code is automatically
generated from wxDesigner, I have to get the handle of the specific widget I
want by using wxPyTypeCast.

class ABCForm(wxMDIChildFrame):
    def __init__(self, parent, id, title = "ABC Form",
                                   pos = wxPyDefaultPosition,
                                   size = wxPyDefaultSize,
                                   style = wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE):
        wxMDIChildFrame.__init__(self, parent, id, title, pos, size, style)

        ABCFormGUI( self, true )

        val = self.GetOriginatorSalescode()
        val.Append("ABC123")

    def GetOriginatorSalescode(self):
        return wxPyTypeCast( self.FindWindowById(ID_ORIGINATOR_SALESCODE),
"wxChoice" )