Python and databases

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 05:14:14 EDT 2001

"Pieter Laeremans" <pieter at kotnet.org> wrote in message
news:991557251.316332 at seven.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be...
> Hi,
>
> Does python has something like perl 's DBI?
> I can 't find any documentation about it in the python docs.

http://www.python.org/topics/database/

The problem may be finding complete implementations of
the current (release 2.0) DB-API spec, but that depends on
a lot of factors: are you going to make commercial use of
it, and in that case do you have funding -- for non-commercial
use, OR for pay in the case of commercial use, you can get
Lemburg's excellent mxODBC implementation (if ODBC is
what you want to use).  You can also get implementations
for quite a few specific database engines.

Alex