Pythoin MUD (PyMUD?)

Jonathan Gardner gardner at cardomain.com
Fri Jun 22 15:05:40 EDT 2001

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

> I was tinkering around and I got the base skeleton for a python MUD
> working (you can LOOK and LOOK at something... cool.)
>  <snip>
> 3) Any newbies want to watch a mud being created? (OR - should I put this
> on sourceforge? Or will you throw rotten eggs at me?)

It looks like enough people like muds to play with this. I put a project up
at sourceforge called "simpymud". I just want to make this a simple python
mud. I don't know much about muds, but I am going to place these
restrictions from the outset:

- No writing code *in* the mud. There are other people who are writing
really neat muds in python - this is not it.
- The MUD Driver and the MUD Game are going to be on the same level for
simplicity.  Again, there are other people writing really neat muds and
such, this is not it.

Of course, this can all be bent. I don't want a full-featured professional
heavyweight champion mud. I want something small, easy to hack and grok,
and fun to play with. I also want new and strange mud ideas so this can be
truly unique. It'll be up in 72 hours. I'll have some code by then (and
some documentation).

The current status is you can actually set attributes of objects around
you, and you can reference objects by one of three methods. And there are
rooms and very simple exits. And you can create objects and exits and such.

--
Jonathan Gardner
"Infinity isn't all that large - except at the end." -- Uncle Al

Please don't take anything I say seriously, even if you are really gullible.