Python Standalone??

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Thu Jun 28 22:16:16 EDT 2001

[posted and mailed]

njm at rectec.net (NJM) wrote in <tjnlk6220rpb09 at corp.supernews.com>:

>I have run Standalone.py on a small app that I wrote.  The cycle
>completes and all appears to be well, until I try to launch the .exe
>file.  My system claims a illegal function and immediately shuts down
>the program.
>
>Could this be because python is already on my machine??
>
>Or am I doing something wrong??

I don't think I've ever heard of this happening on one machine.
I've certainly seen it in building on one and running on another.
So far, it's always been due to .dlls (and I'm pretty sure that's
your problem, too, but not sure how). For example, building on Win2K
may pick up some .dlls that crash when you try them on NT or Win9x.

Look through the dlls in your dist_xxx directory, and remove any
that aren't directly Python. It may have picked up a system dll
that doesn't belong there. If you find the culprit, email me and
I'll add it to the excludes list.

- Gordon