Python grammar..

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 12:34:27 EDT 2001

"David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.nospamnet> wrote in message
news:9gak5c$8ft$4 at 216.39.170.247...
> Moving a bit off to the side, I wonder if VB's "simplification" could be
> due to the fact that in the VBScript vs. Javascript arena, VBScript is
> the hands down loser - something like 80% of _all_ server scripting is
> done with javascript even on IIS.

VBScript disappears -- there will only be VB (and Javascript) in .NET.

> course, in all language usage surveys since about 1960, BASIC has been
> the most used language of all by wide margins... I'd rather be condemned
> to using Perl!

Having to choose between Perl, Javascript and VBscript for a certain
task recently (don't ask...), I choose VBscript.  About 500 lines
all told (would no doubt have been fewer in the other languages, or,
of course, in Python).

If I had to make the same choice again (well, I _could_ resign, I
guess...), it would be VBScript again.

Alex