Automatic registration of Python DCOM object

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Jun 14 14:10:37 EDT 2001

I've got a DCOM python object that is intended to be used from within Excel.
It works fine on the system I've worked on, and on a test system where I've
manually configured things.  The intent is that the spreadsheet be located
in a shared folder for general access.  I'd like _not_ to have to
specifically install/setup the DCOM object (or python ;-) on each system
that may use it, and so I'm investigating how I can cause the worksheet to
register the object and allow transparent access to the DCOM object.

To this end, it looks like
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q145/6/79.asp will allow me
to create the required registry entries.  So far, however, this doesn't seem
to be enough.

Has anyone done something like this, or know one way or the other if it
_can't_ be done.  The target systems are all NTWS.

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com

---------